[pydotorg-www] jobs.python.org?

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Wed Sep 15 00:30:22 CEST 2010

Le 14/09/2010 15:23, Stephan Deibel a écrit :
> Michael Foord wrote:
>> Sure. But is jobs.python.org easier to remember than python.org/jobs ?
>>
>> (Flat is better than nested ;-)
> Isn't jobs.python.org flat and python.org/jobs nested? ;-)

I see it like Michael: jobs.python.org is nested (it’s a subdomain),
whereas python.org is flat (bare domain name).  This is not a very
interesting debate; the key thing is that a subdomain brings up matters
like paths in HTTP cookies, browser caching, cross-domain requests,
changes to SSL certificates, and all sorts of unnecessary shenanigans.

If an easier-to-remember name is needed, python.org/jobs seems fine to me.

Regards