[pydotorg-www] Fwd: IP Blocking

webmaster at python.org webmaster at python.org
Wed Sep 22 01:33:06 CEST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	IP Blocking
Date: 	Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:32:55 -0700
From: 	Jacob MacDonald <jaccarmac at gmail.com>
To: 	webmaster at python.org

Hello,

I have been a Python user for about a year, and recently I have not been
able to access the python.org <http://python.org> website. I believe the
problem originates with my upgrade from a Clearwire 3g modem to a CLEAR
4g modem. I contacted my ISP and was able to access the website through
a free proxy. The ISP informed me that my IP address was being blocked,
and mentioned BOGON filtering. In researching BOGON, I learned exactly
what it is. I apologize if this problem is an ISP blunder and you cannot
fix it, but perhaps your tables of BOGON addresses are wrong? I don't
know much about the low workings of the Internet, but I would appreciate
an explanation of exactly what is happening.

IP Adress: 50.8.166.56

Thanks!