[pydotorg-www] [Pydotorg] Python.org front page

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 10:11:19 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> If you wanted to, you could put a new homepage next to the old one
> in subversion, and we could then switch home pages unless there is
> strong opposition. Sketching one would be fine as well.
>
> If I can find time I will check it out and take a look once it's done - let
> me know. I think having real code (maybe with a link to an annotated
> explanation, if the feature proves popular) on the home page would be an
> amazing draw.
> regards

It is even possible to place a Python 2.5 web shell - http://shell.appspot.com/

I can imagine this shell abused to a degree that people could even
play with site structure (making it a command line CMS):

>>> import pypi
>>> pypi.packages
[aaa, ..]
>>> pypi.packages['wget'].downloads
80092
>>> pypi.packages['wget'].versions
>>> pypi.packages['wget']['0.1'].downloads
204

I want autocompletion for pydotorg services exposed through the site shell! :B
--
anatoly t.