[pydotorg-www] need new DNS entries for translations of Python Insider

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:31:28 CEST 2011

We have some volunteers ready to translate the posts on Python Insider into Spanish, Japanese, and Portuguese. We are going to host the translations on separate blogs, to make it easy for readers to follow the posts in their language of choice. We need to have a CNAME record for each blog pointing back to Google's name for the blogger host, just as with the main blog.

I think Martin added the CNAME blog.python.org, but I don't know if anyone else has access to the DNS entries, so I am mailing the list again to ask someone to make the changes for us.

These names:

blog-es.python.org
blog-ja.python.org
blog-pt.python.org

should all point to "ghs.google.com"

A related question: Where DNS for python.org hosted? I don't see anything on dinsdale. The whois record seems to point to XS4ALL.NL DNS servers, so I guess they have a UI for editing the DNS settings?

Thanks in advance,
Doug