[pydotorg-www] highly suspicious inbound link from your website - please explain

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Aug 1 23:00:58 CEST 2011

Am 01.08.2011 16:23, schrieb Joe Hoppe:
> Thanks Skip and Website team for looking into this issue - it appears
> someone has been building malicious links to my site.
>
> Is there anyway you can tell when that link was created?

Why do you think this is a link to your web site? If I access this
link, it just downloads python24.chm, as it should; there is no
relationship to www.rentscouter.com AFAICT.

If this link was given to you as a referrer, somebody must have
been faking the referrer - the URL itself does not refer to your
site.

Regards,
Martin