[pydotorg-www] Managing infrastructure information: PSF Systems Trac instance

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:26:54 CEST 2011

On Aug 4, 2011, at 10:57 AM, R. David Murray wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 14:15:15 +0200, "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>> Anyone who is administering the servers should get access to
>> the Trac instance, so please email me your GPG keys so that
>> I can send the passwords in a separate email.
>>
>> At the same time, I'd like to collect information about who
>> is managing which parts of the python.org infrastructure,
>> so please also include that information in the email.
>
> I would suggest that you broadcast this email more widely than pydotorg,
> then.  I don't follow this list closely and only happened to see this
> post by accident.  The infrastructure mailing list is probably a good
> candidate (I'm surprised there wasn't a posting about this there ahead
> of time).  (Or did I just miss it somehow?)

In the interest of making sure the interested parties see all the messages related to the migration project, Noah and I agreed to use the infrastructure at python.org mailing list to communicate, for now. That gives us a single archive, and most of the interested parties are already on that list. (If/when we move the python.org mail server we may need some other list for a short time, but we'll deal with that when the time comes.)

If you are interested in participating or following the project, please join infrastructure at python.org. When we need specific information, we will contact other teams via their "native" mailing lists, or one-on-one, so don't worry about being left out if you *aren't* interesting in following the whole thing.

Thanks!
Doug