[pydotorg-www] Chinese Beginner's Guide to Python

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Aug 21 20:55:53 CEST 2011

    >> User catinsunshine has twice now replaced the Beginner's Guide to Python
    >> wiki page:
    >>
    >> http://wiki.python.org/moin/Beginner%27s%20Guide%20to%20Python
    >>
    >> with a Chinese translation.  The first time I simply reverted it.
    >> This time I left it as-is and sent him an email telling him how to do
    >> things properly (create a second page containing his translation and
    >> reference it from the above page and the ChineseLanguage page).  If I
    >> don't see that the page has been properly done in the next couple
    >> days, I'll revert things again and block his user.

(cc'ing Carl Trachte since he's done much of the management of the
non-English pages in the wiki, and catinsunshine, the translator.)

Took me awhile to figure things out, but here's what catinsunshine did:

   * Copied the BeginnersGuide page to Beginner's Guide to Python
   * Translated that

So, it turns out he was technically okay, but there was no indication in the
page name that it was a Chinese translation of the original BeginnersGuide
page.  I just renamed it to BeginnersGuideChinese and added appropriate
links.

We should probably try and wrangle up some people who will keep the various
Chinese language resources in shape.  Any ideas?

Skip