[pydotorg-www] Internal Server Error while reverting spam

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Dec 1 00:07:08 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:51 PM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>    Richard> BTW why are bit.ly links disallowed in wiki pages? I definitely
>    Richard> promote the j.mp URL these days over the bit.ly one but they're
>    Richard> effectively the same (same company).
>
> It looks like Paul Boddie added added bit.ly, t.co and goo.gl as patterns in
> LocalBadContent back in October.  His comment was
>
>    Added some link-shorteners. These should never be used in this
>    environment.

blacklisting them sounds reasonable to me.

They are not needed for legitimate use.
The content editor has (or can find) the real URL and use it.
The person following the link will just click.

If you allow them, spamers can use them at will and he whole
LocalBadContent thing is kinda pointless.

--
Carl K