[pydotorg-www] Removing /moin/ suffix from wiki.python.org (Was: Internal Server Error while reverting spam)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:00:48 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Radomir Dopieralski <sheep at sheep.art.pl>wrote:

>  On Dec 2, 2011 11:07 AM, "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> >
> > Radomir Dopieralski wrote:

> page

> makes
> changed.
> so I'm

> > > That's not a problem, those urls can be made to work just fine as
> > > exceptions. I can write apropriate rules if there is a decission to
> make
> > > the change.
> >
> > Could you elaborate a bit ? What are those "exceptions" ?
>
> It's not a technical term, I meant it literally. Basically you can
> configure the web server so that the urls of those other wikis lead to the
> respective applications, while all other urls lead to the default python
> wiki. I think it doesn't even require rewrite rules, as scriptalias
> directives are evaluated in order of occurence. We would of course still
> have a redirect from the old /moin url.

If there are no objections, I would say - Radomir, go for it. =)
To summarize what do we want to do and how it will behave after the
migration:

 * wiki.python.org/PageName - is a new shorter way of accessing Python
knowledge base
 * wiki.jython.org/PageName - is a new shorter way to access Jython pages
 * wiki.python.org/moin/(.*)$ - will be a permanent redirect to
wiki.python.org/\1 to save external links from breaking
 * wiki.python.org/jython/(.*)$ - the same to  wiki.jython.org/\1