[pydotorg-www] Connectivity/network problems?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Feb 1 15:09:39 CET 2011

On Tuesday 01 February 2011 14:51:46 Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> I don't think so. The cloning just failed again, much quicker:
>
> $ time hg clone http://code.python.org/hg/branches/release2.7-maint/
> destination directory: release2.7-maint
> requesting all changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> transaction abort!
> rollback completed
> abandon : premature EOF reading chunk (got 2517 bytes, expected 5105)
> Command exited with non-zero status 255
> 19.66user 1.01system 0:46.80elapsed 44%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata
> 203504maxresident)k 3648inputs+79040outputs

Is it possible to see what you actually receive using something like
Wireshark? I did experience repeatable problems viewing pages served by
hgwebdir with the repository version of Mercurial a few months ago - the
request would hang, and upon a reload I'd get the end of the last response
and the start of a new one - but the problem seems to have gone away now.
This was hgwebdir + CGI + Apache 2.2 on Ubuntu 8.04.

Paul