[pydotorg-www] SPF records for python.org

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Feb 6 05:46:52 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> * Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com>:

>>> Follow the instructions I send to barry on the list how he should setup his
>>> server to relay messages through mail.python.org and replace "barry" with
>>> "aahz".
>>
>> You misunderstood: "third-party" means that panix.com is almost
>> completely outside my control (it's my "ISP").
>
> Indeed, I misunderstood.
>
> In this case configure your mail client to use mail.python.org as SMTP server.
> Either create a second account or add a second outgoing server. Which mail
> client do you use?

mutt, mostly.  I can probably figure out how to go through
mail.python.org if I need to.  (Or just not use aahz at python.org at all;
I use it to receive mail more than for sending.)

"Programming language design is not a rational science. Most reasoning
about it is at best rationalization of gut feelings, and at worst plain
wrong."  --GvR, python-ideas, 2009-03-01