[pydotorg-www] Request for commit access RE: download/windows page

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:34:30 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> I'm not surprised, that page is a disgrace. So, first of all, reassurance
> that almost any change is likely to be fpor the better,

This is not the only page in a disgrace. The barrier for contribution
is too high. When you become a master of public/private keys work, you
won't be interested in python.org pages.

When python-patch was started I thought about online editor for
documentation to allow users submitting patches for .rst sources
directly from site and without commit access. Recently Google reminded
me of this idea with their online editor for Google Code.

I can't see any major problems to do this stuff. If I find cheap air
tickets to PyCon, we could  organize a sprint over this idea.
http://code.google.com/p/pydotorg/issues/detail?id=6

> [...]
> I am a Windows user too, and try to at least get the test suite running on
> Windows releases before they go live. Not always easy, though.

Aren't there any Windows buildbots for this purpose?
--
anatoly t.