[pydotorg-www] Volunteer

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Jul 19 16:03:49 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011, Charles McLaughlin wrote:

> I noticed python.org was down a couple times recently and I wondered if you
> guys need any more volunteers to help with infrastructure.  I'm the sysadmin
> at bitbucket.org.  No guarantees without knowing what I'm getting myself
> into, but in addition to some of my time we might also be able to donate
> servers, hosting, bandwidth, etc if that would help.

Thanks for the offer, we already have good hosting donated by XS4ALL.

Volunteer time is of course more precious and we never have enough.  I
think probably the best place to discuss your offer would be the
Infrastructure Committee, I'm forwarding it to them.  You can also reach
them directly at infrastructure at python.org

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it."  --Dijkstra