[pydotorg-www] Repeated outages of python.org

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Jul 25 13:38:27 CEST 2011

M.-A. Lemburg <mal at ...> writes:

> If you look through the archives, it's very easy to find out about
> the infrastructure setup being used to run python.org. Take e.g.
> this thread as example:

http://markmail.org/thread/kcxkjbesmbweaaj6#query:+page:1+mid:kcxkjbesmbweaaj6+state:results

I'm not sure what is sensitive in that thread. Any determined attacker can
certainly get that information (and much more) by themselves.

All in all, I agree with Michael. It is important that people can know easily if
a problem has been reported or not, without having to subscribe or log in. It is
also important to know if problems are being acted upon, again without having to
subscribe.

Obviously, sensitive information should only be communicated privately, but that
shouldn't rule out the existence of a public channel.

Regards

Antoine.