[pydotorg-www] Repeated outages of python.org

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jul 25 20:52:22 CEST 2011

"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>> If you look through the archives, it's very easy to find out about
>> the infrastructure setup being used to run python.org. Take e.g.
>> this thread as example:
>>
>> http://markmail.org/thread/kcxkjbesmbweaaj6#query:+page:1+mid:kcxkjbesmbweaaj6+state:results
>
> This information is also published in the Wiki, and deliberately so.
>
> There is nothing secret about the setup of python.org, except for the
> actual passwords.

So you deliberately make it easy for potential attackers to
find out about everything they need to know in order take over
the site.

Could you explain the reasons behind this ?

While having documentation of the setup is essential, I don't think
making that documentation available outside the group of administrators
is a good thing to do.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 25 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/