[pydotorg-www] Carmanah and Python success stories

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Wed Jun 1 16:55:02 CEST 2011

On 6/1/11 10:16 AM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Michael Foord<michael at voidspace.org.uk>  wrote:
>> >  Well, it's not a fundamentally bad idea - but 13 times for one story is
>> >  excessive.:-)
>> >
>> >  The categories also seem a bit odd.

> Or adding more success stories or allow users submit them.

As editor of most of the current set of success stories, I should note
that I am no longer collecting new stories.  It takes a lot of time
because they are usually submitted in a form that requires a lot of
extra editing and interviewing.  I also think Python is past the point
where it needs this.  We've moved into the mainstream now in many
business sectors, where in the past the showcased companies were
isolated cases.

Of course I don't mind in the least if others disagree and want to
continue with this.  The official home of these used to be
pythonology.org but I think they should now be considered at home on
python.org.  The authors and companies involved gave permissions for web
and print use (with the exception of Philips, Test&Go, and Eric
Raymond's story which did not allow print use).  I have documentation of
all this that I will hand over to the PSF in some form.

- Stephan