[pydotorg-www] Reviewing the Sponsors page

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 12:20:20 CEST 2011

On Jun 15, 2011, at 6:39 AM, Tiago Boldt Sousa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm Tiago, from Portugal and I've just joined this list.
>
> I've noticed that you're trying to organize the sponsors page in order to highlight the more generous sponsors [1].
> Well, I've recently been handling the content for an agile development conference here in Portugal and we've done something similar, I believe it could be easily ported to the python's www page.
> Have a look at it: http://2011.agilept.org/sponsors and let me know what were you thinking to do with it.
>
> 1 - http://twitter.com/#!/ThePSF/status/80881345080987648

It seems like a good first step would be to make a Sponsors page so the logos are not all off the bottom of the screen when the page loads.

Having separate sections within the page for the different sponsorship levels makes sense, too. The sponsorship levels are defined on http://www.python.org/psf/sponsorship/ but I don't see anything describing which level each sponsor signed up for on the main PSF page or on the membership roster. Pat Campbell should be able to help put that together.

Tiago, are you set up with svn, so you can check out the site source and make changes?

Doug