[pydotorg-www] Upgrades completed

Radomir Dopieralski sheep at sheep.art.pl
Thu Mar 3 13:45:57 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If somebody volunteers to make that change: sure. I'm not a web
>>> designer, so I don't know anything about schemes. Unfortunately,
>>> the Moin installation is still basically unmaintained.
>>>
>>> Radomir?
>>
>> I'm sorry for the delay, I have added the europython theme to the
>> themes available on the python wiki in user preferences. Once we are
>> happy with how it looks and behaves, we can make it the default theme.
>
> Will it change itself to make us happy, or we will just become happy
> over time? =)
> I.e. what is the development process?

Well, I made this theme some years ago, basing it on how the
python.org looked then (there has been some slight changes in font and
column sizes, I guess), with the hopes of replacing the current
wiki.python.org theme. Later it was used for the europython wiki and
it got some improvements based on the feedback I got. I volunteered to
update and maintain the python wiki, but somehow never found the time
to sort out all the details. Now that I did, I hope to help with the
wiki on regular basis, and also add any changes and
details that might be needed for it.

Going back to your question, I consider the theme to be finished --
that is, I don't plan to make huge changes to it. I will, however, not
abandon it, and I will continue to fix any problems that are reported
and add improvements that are desired. I keep the theme in a mercurial
repository at htttp://devel.sheep.art.pl/europython, but I can move it
somewhere, like bitbucket, if needed. Of course all collaboration on
improving it is welcome.

--
Radomir Dopieralski, http://sheep.art.pl