[pydotorg-www] Fwd: missing info on Python Workshops

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Sun Mar 6 18:02:24 CET 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	missing info on Python Workshops
Date: 	Sat, 5 Mar 2011 23:33:32 -0500
From: 	wesley chun <wescpy at gmail.com>
To: 	webmaster at python.org

maybe i'm the only one who remembers (or who cares) about the history
of Python conferences, but on our current community page for
conferences/workshops -- http://www.python.org/community/workshops/ --
we've totally lost all links to the past workshops and IPCs that have
preceded PyCon. these pages don't exist anywhere else except at
http://www.python.org/workshops/

have we deliberately dropped these or was this some oversight? it's
pretty much impossible to Google for anything before the first PyCon
in 2003. Python 10 is the last Foretec IPC and most accessible of them
all, but going backwards leads to dead ends rather quickly.

thanks,
-- wesley
"Core Python", Prentice Hall, (c)2007,2001
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
     http://corepython.com

wesley.chun : wescpy-gmail.com : @wescpy
http://cyberwebconsulting.com