[pydotorg-www] Fwd: Accepted: RE: Python Developers

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 11:35:52 CET 2011

Hi All,

On 25/03/2011 00:35, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> oDesk want to add a link pointing to Python job listings to our Jobs
> page. Does anyone have an opinion about whether or not to do it? Is
> there a formal policy?
>
> I am not advocating for them, but they contacted me so I thought I would
> deliver the message.

FWIW, re-implementing the job board as a small web app is rapidly rising
up my list, I'm justing getting paid work done before I come to it. Once
it's ready, I'd ideally like to have it up and running on
http://jobs.python.org.

Does that sound feasible?

On the subject of links or other places, I'm actually pretty strongly in
favour of removing them all. People looking for jobs know where to look
for their own country, and I haven't seen any value in those side bar
links to us as a community, they only appear to serve the people they
link to having a high pagerank link pointing to sites which make them
money ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk