[pydotorg-www] Fwd: Accepted: RE: Python Developers

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 25 13:54:17 CET 2011

    >> On the subject of links or other places, I'm actually pretty strongly
    >> in favour of removing them all. People looking for jobs know where to
    >> look for their own country, and I haven't seen any value in those
    >> side bar links to us as a community, they only appear to serve the
    >> people they link to having a high pagerank link pointing to sites
    >> which make them money ;-)

    Michael> I don't see much value in the sidebar links either.

Agreed.  They had some marginal benefit several years ago when the job board
first started and only had a couple postings, but the recruiters, HR people,
and job hunters pretty much seem to all know this is the place to be now.  I
suspect that all we are doing with the links is providing an opportunity for
job hunters to waste time poking around those sites for nothing.

Chris, next time you're in there, please just rip them all out.

Skip