[pydotorg-www] Beginning Python site (was Re: EDU-SIG Page Typo)

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Mar 26 23:57:51 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 11:36:32AM -0500, skip at pobox.com wrote:
> I am less inclined to add this link.  In fact, I think it would be better if
> most/all of the external links on the edu-sig page were moved to the Wiki,
> probably somewhere under the Beginner's Guide:
>
>     http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide

This reminds me... I began rewriting the Beginner's Guide content
into a Sphinx-based site:

https://bitbucket.org/akuchling/beginners-python

My intention was to finish it and then put it at some top-level URL
(beginner.python.org, beginningpython.com, whatever).  But I'm not
finding the time to do that last 10%.  Does anyone want to pursue this
and finish off the task?  If yes, please fork the repository, let
me know, and start making changes.

--amk