[pydotorg-www] PyPI is offline

Richard Jones richard at python.org
Wed Nov 9 00:24:09 CET 2011

On 9 November 2011 06:14, Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 13:09, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.isup.me/pypi.python.org
>
> Works for me, and that page agrees: "It's just you.
> http://pypi.python.org is up."

Thanks for the report. Going by the times in the email headers
(2011-11-08 20:00 to 20:09 CET) I've looked through the logs and there
was a 6 minute period during which the request handling rate tapered
right off. Not sure what the cause could have been at this time.
There's a ton of what appear to be delayed requests finishing up
around that time, which I've seen before. Interleaved with the
requests timestamped above are some with timestamps of 5-10 minutes
earlier from a variety of clients. I've discussed this with Martin
before but with no real conclusion.

     Richard