[pydotorg-www] Internal Server Error while reverting spam

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Nov 30 23:51:34 CET 2011

    Richard> Thanks for the spam vigilance - I got a change notification
    Richard> email and the edit stuck so I wonder what could've caused the
    Richard> error?

That's a strange one.  I eventually found the log file and saw the warning
about bit.ly URLs, so I just deleted it.

    Richard> BTW why are bit.ly links disallowed in wiki pages? I definitely
    Richard> promote the j.mp URL these days over the bit.ly one but they're
    Richard> effectively the same (same company).

It looks like Paul Boddie added added bit.ly, t.co and goo.gl as patterns in
LocalBadContent back in October.  His comment was

    Added some link-shorteners. These should never be used in this
    environment.

I'll leave it for him to elaborate.  I've CC'd him in case he's not on the
pydotorg-www list.

Skip