[pydotorg-www] [PSF-Board] Nonprofit Academic Permission Request ::wpmc::10-17250

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Apr 20 18:20:18 CEST 2012

Thanks for the quick resolution, Michael!

I'm glad that we at least give permission for the python.org pages
propery, which all contain a PSF Copyright notice.

I'd like to propose an action item to look into making the Wiki
contents copyrighted by the PSF or implicitly licensed to the PSF as
well, so in the future we can give a full license to the entire site.
The request today shows the value of such a license. I also wonder if
there isn't a way we can consider the wiki contents *as a whole* as a
collection, which appears to be separately copyrightable (IIRC
there've been suits about collections of materials where the
comprising pieces were not copyrightable -- but IANAL and I don't know
if this is possible).

--Guido

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)