[pydotorg-www] Wiki ACLs

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Dec 6 23:25:35 CET 2012

Stefan Drees wrote:
> Am 06.12.12 18:31, schrieb Skip Montanaro:
> >
> > I finally got around to this today.  I added a PythonTrainingGroup page:
> >
> > http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonTrainingGroup

Thanks for doing the hard work!

> > This lists a few known trainers.  Marilyn Davis confirmed that she can
> > edit the PythonTraining page:
> >
> > http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonTraining
> >
> > I can edit it as well, but that's because I'm in the AdminGroup.  Can
> > someone who is not in the AdminGroup and not listed in the
> > PythonTrainingGroup page check the PythonTraining page to make sure it
> > appears immutable for you?
>
> To me it looks immutable.
> URL = http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonTraining
>
> On the left under "Page" I see "Immutable Page"

Yes, I think everything is as it should be. I think that the initial problem
may have been related to not being logged in, as the ACL was only letting
people who are in the Known category (which is everyone who is effectively
logged in or returning the Moin cookie) edit the page, and I see that Marilyn
edited it back in September as a logged in user.

If people don't want to have to maintain separate Moin account details, we
could once again consider the OpenID support, I suppose.

Paul