[pydotorg-www] Wiki ACLs

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 00:54:44 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday 06 December 2012 23:43:52 anatoly techtonik wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> > > If people don't want to have to maintain separate Moin account details,
> > > we could once again consider the OpenID support, I suppose.
> >
> > Python custom OpenID support is already enabled. Not integrated with
> > upstream to test if it's secure, but login with Google account works.
>
> That just goes to show how long it is since I last checked!
>
> On wider Wiki matters, I noticed that the Jython Wiki is getting regular
> spam:
>
> http://wiki.python.org/jython/RecentChanges
>
> Maybe TextCHA support could be enabled for that Wiki, at least to keep the
> level of spam to a reasonable minimum.

Must be IMHO. TextCHA is also an annoying thing. Now with some serious guys
paid to do the site plumbing works, how about creating a wishlist for them,
which will also include the point:

    * do not show wiki TextCHAs to users with more than 10 edits

We only need a maintainer for this list. It will also be handy for the next
Code In and GSoC challenges.
--
anatoly t.