[pydotorg-www] Links to last binary builds to download pages

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Feb 20 01:37:20 CET 2012

Hey folks,

When we do security only releases of Python we regularly get emails to webmaster at python.org asking where to find binary builds. If you want to find the most recent binary builds of Python 2.5 & 2.6, it used to involve clicking through quite a few links.

I've added links to the latest binary releases to the 2.6.7, 2.5.6 and 2.5.5 security release download pages. These are primarily for the benefit of Windows and Mac OS X users who wouldn't normally compile their own builds from source.

It would be helpful if release managers for security, source only, releases could include similar links in future.

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/