[pydotorg-www] [OFFTOPIC] New at group

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Jul 30 11:59:31 CEST 2012

On 28 Jul 2012, at 20:57, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Oscar Campos
> <oscar.campos at member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> My name is Oscar Campos and I am new in the group.
>>
>> I already cloned the web SVN repository and got my local copy running.
>>
>> I am ready to start with tasks and get the job done. Is there an pending
>> tasks?
>
> None that I'm aware of. The website is not under any active
> development and only gets occasional changes for news items here and
> there.

Outstanding issues I'm aware of:

1)

I noticed that the links for minutes for 2012 are wrongly captured under
2011.

http://www.python.org/psf/records/board/minutes/

Kindly fix this.

2)

> I was looking for the 2.7.2 source code of Python.
>
> From the main page, select "download' (which leads to
> http://www.python.org/download/ ).
>
> Below the current releases, there is a link in the sentence "A
> comprehensive list of all released versions is available if you need
> source code for an older version of Python." (which leads to
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/ ).
> That page only lists the latest release of each major version.
>
> Version 2.7.2 is not listed at that page even though I believe it
> qualifies as "one of all released versions". In the end, I modified a
> 2.7.3 release link to 2.7.2, which gave me the page I was looking for.
>
> Possible fixes seem to be
> a) Change the text of the sentence from "all released vrsion" to
> sometihng like "the latest release of all major versions" or so, or
> b) Change the releases page to link all released versions.
>
> I would prefer b), but I am not making the decisions here.

I think we should go for option a here.

3)

I have noticed the link pointing wrongly to a page that doesn't exist on the domain. http://www.edgewall.com/trac/

On the Homepage for the keyword "Trac".  http://www.python.org/. Sidebar, Under the title "using python for' Software development"

As far as I know these are all outstanding - at least there has been no responses on the list to any of them.

All the best,

Michael