[pydotorg-www] wiki linkto: search term is broken

Radomir Dopieralski sheep at sheep.art.pl
Tue Jun 12 21:32:06 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Radomir Dopieralski <sheep at sheep.art.pl> wrote:

>>> Any news on that?
>>
>> No, I didn't find out what is wrong so far.
>> I still have a couple of things to check.
>
> Thanks for the heads up. Upgrading to 1.9.4 (I use
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonWikiChanges for guessing current
> version info) can hopefully make the task easier. From the
> http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.9/file/56eaf32027f4/docs/CHANGES :
>
>   * Use logging.traceback to get more information if a indexing filter crashes.
>
> There is also mention of a workaround against some memory leak in indexer.

Yes, I am quite aware about MoinMoin releases, thank you very much.

The search is now fixed, I have given up and just rebuild the Xapian index.
Unfortunately I didn't manage to find out how and why it got corrupted
-- it must have happened too long ago to leave a trace in the logs.

I will keep my eyes peeled to try and catch the reason if it ever happens again.

--
Radomir Dopieralski, http://sheep.art.pl