[pydotorg-www] Wiki is too slow (Fwd: 1.2 beta release date/roadmap)

Radomir Dopieralski sheep at sheep.art.pl
Sat Jun 16 12:46:14 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>>> Is it possible to speed up wiki.python.org somehow?
>>
>> Hopefully by migrating it to the new infrastructure.
>
> And still - that's the cause of the bottleneck?

I enabled the timing information.

I'm not 100% sure here, but on other large wikis the long saving times
were usualy due to having to process a lot of regular expressions from
all the user preferences in order to see whether the page title
matches their mail notification patterns.

--
Radomir Dopieralski, http://sheep.art.pl