[pydotorg-www] Wiki is too slow (Fwd: 1.2 beta release date/roadmap)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 14:49:08 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Radomir Dopieralski <sheep at sheep.art.pl> wrote:

>>> Hopefully by migrating it to the new infrastructure.
>>
>> And still - that's the cause of the bottleneck?
>
> I enabled the timing information.
>
> I'm not 100% sure here, but on other large wikis the long saving times
> were usualy due to having to process a lot of regular expressions from
> all the user preferences in order to see whether the page title
> matches their mail notification patterns.

The results of write operations are very sad - 14 seconds.
Is it possible to postpone mail notifications or do them asyncronously?

    Page.execute = 0.000s
    antispam = 1.281s
    getACL = 0.003s
    init = 0.001s
    load_multi_cfg = 0.000s
    parsePageLinks = 0.010s
    run = 13.566s
    send_page = 0.050s
    send_page_content = 0.006s
    total = 13.567s

If we're going to stick these stats (they're worthy to have at hand)
then rendering it in one line that expanded if clicked for copy/paste
would make pages look as good as before.