[pydotorg-www] [PSF-Members] Fwd: http://www.python.org/psf/members/ need updating

Pat Campbell patcam at python.org
Wed May 2 17:01:26 CEST 2012

Hi Jessica:

According to my PSF membership records, we have a current sponsor status
for Oracle
formerly known as Sun Micro Systems as "emeritus" type of PSF sponsor
membership
which basically means that the membership standing is inactive, however, it
can be
reactivated to "active" if the membership fees are paid.

If the Oracle would like to change their membership standing back to
active, please
let us know.

Thanks,
Pat

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Jessica McKellar <
jessica.mckellar at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Overall we want as many sponsors as we can get, but Oracle don't really
> seem
> > to be that much of a team player, so without evidence of a revised
> attitude
> > I'd be inclined to just let them go. A relationship with Oracle seems too
> > much like hard work.
>
> Jesse, I'd be interested in a brain dump off-list on our Oracle
> contacts and what the relationship has been like so far.
>
> I work at Oracle, in the Linux and Virtualization group. I'd like to
> see Oracle supporting the PSF and would be happy to develop some new
> relationships from the inside. The company is so big that we may just
> be talking to the wrong people; my group was certainly happy to spend
> money on getting folks to PyCon.
>
> -Jessica
>
> --
> Jessica McKellar