[pydotorg-www] Final draft of redesign RFP

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 10 14:10:55 CEST 2012

> I'm largely sure that I think the job board should split off into
> its own microsite at jobs.python.org. How do we go about making that
> happen?

I think I'm -1 on making a subsite. I like URL stability, so even if
the content maintenance of the jobs site works independent from the
rest, it should continue to be provided at its current URL.

> My gut feel at the moment is that it'll likely be easier all round
> to split the job board off into its own application and take it out
> of the scope of the RFP.

I'd personally wait and see what the outcome of the redesign is. Perhaps
you might even like the new site. But if not, it should be easy enough
to take the jobs list out of the management even after the fact.

That said, I think any contractor would have to know about the needs of
this particular application. It might be useful to ask bidders for a
separate quote on the job board, and then decide that the risk of wasting
that money (in case we don't use the new system for the jobs) is too high.

Regards,
Martin