[pydotorg-www] Added events calendar to site template

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Sep 12 21:12:57 CEST 2012

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> I've added the pycon.org events calendar to the site template in the same
> way that the release calendar is shown.
>
> Now in order to have the site pick up the change, I'll need to trigger a
> complete rebuild.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't remember how that's done. I presume that I need
> to log in to the machine that's currently hosting the site and
> run "make clean all". But I don't remember which machine that is and
> whether I have a login for it. Could someone help me out ?

I tweaked the main page a little to trigger a rebuild and the calendar
now shows up on all pages under the main page, but not the main page
itself or the news page.

The status page (http://www.python.org/status/) doesn't show any signs
of things not working properly.

Are content.ht and newsindex.yml in data/ special in some way ?

Note that the tweak I did to the main is visible (r14387),
but the old site template was used for the update.

Would perhaps a second tweak cause those files to get updated
as well ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 12 2012)
2012-10-29: PyCon DE 2012, Leipzig, Germany ...            47 days to go
2012-10-23: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 41 days to go
2012-08-28: Released mxODBC 3.2.0 ...             http://egenix.com/go31
2012-08-20: Released mxODBC.Connect 2.0.0 ...     http://egenix.com/go30

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/