[pydotorg-www] Google snippets vs target page

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 23:34:58 CET 2013

Not sure if this is the place to raise this or not.

Often, when I do a Google search for Python docs, the displayed page
title and snippet show version 3.3.0 docs, but clicking the link takes
me to /2/ instead. Is there a discrepancy between the version seen by
the crawler and the redirect given to a browser? Has something changed
recently and this is just a transitional period? Is there some kind of
settable preference to say "give me version 3 docs by default" and I
just haven't seen it?

Chris Angelico