[pydotorg-www] Fwd: Images used on Python.org website, and Facebook

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 09:33:17 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> but
>>> >>

>>> http://mikeeverhart.net/facebook/use-ogp-tags-to-change-images-when-sharing-links-on-facebook/

>>> I just tested the image selection on Facebook. While I also see
>>> the success story as first image, the second image is the Python
>>> logo. The format of the logo image doesn't really fit the Facebook
>>> or Google+, so perhaps adding an image which can be used for these
>>> is not a bad idea.
>>>
>>> Does Google+ have a similar standard for defining such images ?
>>>
>>> We could then add both to not endorse a specific social network.
>>

>> http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176035
>> http://schema.org/Thing or http://schema.org/SoftwareApplication
>>
>> http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=www.python.org&html=
>>

> https://developers.google.com/+/plugins/snippet/

To be more specific:

<!-- Update your html tag to include the itemscope and itemtype attributes.
-->

<!-- Add the following three tags inside head. -->
interactive, extensive programming language. It provides an extraordinary
combination of clarity and versatility, and is open source and
comprehensively ported.">
">