[pydotorg-www] Seems there is a malicious site linked on a wiki page

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Feb 26 23:11:12 CET 2013

On 26.02.2013 22:53, Rashaad Essop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks  under the section "Other
> Full-Stack Frameworks" there is a link named "Gae Framework" and it appears
> to link to www[dot]gaeframework[dot]com.
> I happened to click it, but I have various tools to pick up such things,
> one of them is Web of Trust.
> This is the WOT page for where it ends up:
> http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/domains.googlesyndication.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=warn-viewsc

Hmm, that's the page for Google's ad syndication, not the site
you mentioned above.

Here's a VirusTotal scan of the site:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/1148db04ccef76d3e39526fa7492922a828fb133d08a477ed72e8abb6955d211/analysis/1361916367/

It looks like the project has closed down or moved on. The domain
is for sale. I've removed the link and added a note to the wiki
page entry.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 26 2013)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/