[pydotorg-www] [PSF-Members] [Infrastructure] Wiki news?

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Wed Jan 16 17:13:32 CET 2013

Jesse Noller wrote:
> Noah can expand on this as Infrastructure lead, but the short version is this - last year we got some beefy donations and hosting form OSU/OSL - this allows us to run our own VM infrastructure and isolate/spin up new servers at will (which is great). We've been slowly migrating the old services to the new systems.
> This also includes "non PSF" assets such as PyPy assets we are now hosting for free. As I said, this is both a combination of communication issues and volunteer load. The board is examining paid backup/leads where needed and/or leveraging OSU's services and administration.

Great, thanks.  I figured you were already on top of looking at what the
PSF can do, but it seemed worth bringing up.

Would it make sense to develop an infrastructure policy with a set of
requirements for infrastructure?  Then the PSF could pay someone (or
appoint someone) to review everything periodically to make sure there
are working audited backups, security patches, security scans, and
whatever else is required by the policy.  I don't know if that's too
bureaucratic but I'd support it as a way to use PSF funds.

- Stephan