[pydotorg-www] Python Wiki Spam

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jun 10 16:58:57 CEST 2013

On Monday 10 June 2013 16:44:27 M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Even though it may seem not to help as well as before,
> the TextChas still prevent lots of attempts. The logs are
> full of TextCha failures.
>
> The ratio of success to failures in the current log file
> (which was started yesterday at 6am UTC) is 16:9677 (!)

Impressive!

> > P.S. I'm willing to work on more advanced anti-spam measures, but only if
> > they get used.
>
> In the long run, this would be a good solution. I'd certainly
> be willing to add such a solution to the wiki setup.

I can think of one useful one straight away, but I don't think it is supported
in Moin (or any extensions) yet. What I'd like you to tell me, if you don't
mind, is the request sequence of any of the successful spam edits. Various
other publishing systems provide some measures that use this information, and
I'll develop one for Moin if it seems viable.

By all means send me the request details in private.

Thanks,

Paul