[pydotorg-www] Python Decorators

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Mar 2 17:28:14 CET 2013

On Saturday 02 March 2013 17:08:23 anatoly techtonik wrote:

> I think it is fair to put non-HomePage wiki content to CC0 / Public Domain
> unless specified otherwise. If you want to preserve your rights - go
> publish the content in your blog and supply a link. Tracking down authors
> is a useless activity - nobody will do this, so I'd not make things more
> complicated for contributors and users. Wiki is for sharing, not for
> placing restrictions on each other.

I agree that if you're contributing stuff to some site where the obvious
intention is to share things with others, you probably shouldn't expect to
restrict how that content is used, especially if those contributions involve
editing other people's work, but the lack of any explicit licensing terms
means that we can't just apply CC0 to what we already have.

I don't think that it would be too difficult to get people to agree to
relicensing, but I was just saying that nobody seemed to think it was worth
doing in the first place. Personally, I do think it is worth it if we are to
regard the content as useful or valuable, and if Justin wants to use the
decorators content in some other context, I encourage him to at least
consider that approach for that page before giving up.

Paul