[pydotorg-www] [Infrastructure] Migrating python.org to OSL

Noah Kantrowitz noah at coderanger.net
Tue Mar 19 00:27:59 CET 2013

On Mar 18, 2013, at 4:23 PM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
>> As part of the PyCon sprints I would like to move python.org off dinsdale to a VM at OSL. Due to the build system being tied to SVN, I'll also migrate that service on the same VM. Do any SVN repos other than www/ need to remain available? This would require at least some period of not changing the website, probably a few hours, but I don't think that would be a problem. This is mostly a legacy move so I'm not going to clean it up much, we'll have a new site soon enough.
>
> The repos with public interfaces:
>
> http://svn.python.org/view/
>
> will need to remain available to keep old links in e.g.
> bug reports working.

Okay, thats just a single repo ("projects") which is the default one. The packages repo is also visible but I'm okay with breaking that given how most code has been removed in the current trunk and links are rare (thats the old home for the PyPI code and related stuffs). Are we okay with that projects repo being full read-only?

--Noah