[pydotorg-www] Python Wiki Spam

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Mar 22 16:04:01 CET 2013

On Mar 22, 2013, at 12:19 PM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

>Did this have an effect on the number of editors of the wiki ?

It probably did, but it's hard to gauge.  It's not like we had a ton of
non-spam editors previously.  We never denied anybody write access if they
asked though.

>The usual complaint when doing this is that you prevent quick
>edits (e.g. typo corrections) by raising the bar in this way.

Yep.  Unfortunately, it was taking way too much of our time weeding out the
spam, so before the policy, our wiki was arguably less useful.

-Barry