[pydotorg-www] PSF Members Announce list

M.-A. Lemburg mal at python.org
Tue Apr 15 15:59:28 CEST 2014

On 15.04.2014 15:43, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Oh dear. Looks like the website sends the subscribe messages
> to the wrong email address.
>
> I'll switch approval back on for now to stop this.
>
> Sorry.

The website software should use this email address instead:

psf-members-announce-request at python.org

You can get a list of available command by sending an email
with subject "help" to that address. Here's the definition
of the subscribe command:

    subscribe [password] [digest|nodigest] [address=<address>]
        Subscribe to this mailing list.  Your password must be given to
        unsubscribe or change your options, but if you omit the password, one
        will be generated for you.  You may be periodically reminded of your
        password.

        The next argument may be either: `nodigest' or `digest' (no quotes!).
        If you wish to subscribe an address other than the address you sent
        this request from, you may specify `address=<address>' (no brackets
        around the email address, and no quotes!)

> On 15.04.2014 15:39, Lynn Root wrote:
>> I definitely am
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Apr 15, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I seem to be getting a bunch of emails to psf-members-announce, which just say "susbcribe" -- anyone else seeing this?
>>>
>>> Alex

>>> --
>>> "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (summarizing Voltaire)
>>> "The people's good is the highest law." -- Cicero
>>> GPG Key fingerprint: 125F 5C67 DFE9 4084

Marc-Andre Lemburg
Director
Python Software Foundation (PSF)
http://www.python.org/psf/