[pydotorg-www] Request to become wiki editor

Alan Evangelista alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Dec 14 18:44:07 CET 2014

Hi.

I work with Python web frameworks for 2 years. The web frameworks wiki
in python.org (https://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks)
is the #1 result when you search "python web frameworks" in Google , but
I think it is outdated and needs some updates.
It lists Grok, Pylons and Zope2 as popular full-stack frameworks. All of
them are *not* popular and are currently in maintenance
status and are not being actvely developed for years. imho they should
be moved to the "Other Full-Stack Frameworks" section.

Also, I dont understand why Flask is categorized as "full-stack
framework" if it classifies itself as a microframework
(even the python.org wiki contains that Flashdescription).

Also, for consistency I think it'd be nice to either (1) also show first
the popular basic framework such as flask,
bottle, cherrypy first in basic frameworks list or (2) unify popular and
"not-so-popular" full-stack frameworks list.

I'd like to have editor permission to update this wiki with these changes.

Regards,
Alan Evangelista