[pydotorg-www] Help with mailing lists?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Dec 23 12:55:33 CET 2014

On 23.12.2014 11:56, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> Sorry if this is the wrong list to write to. You'll see why I'm here in just a minute.
>
> I needed some help with some mail lists at mail.python.org: I need a password reminder, but never
> got one, and I have some questions about creating a new list.

Did you request this via the Mailman interface ? Perhaps it
got eaten by a spam filter.

Note that some MLs on python.org have the monthly reminders turned
off, so for those you need to request the reminder via the Mailman
list interface.

> The page at http://mail.python.org says, "If you are having trouble using the lists, please contact
> mailman at python.org <mailto:mailman at python.org>," so I sent my questions there.
>
> I got an automated response email that said that no one will answer, and to write to
> postmaster at python.org.  I forwarded my questions there.
>
> I got an automated response email in German that said to send requests to postmaster at charite.de. So
> I forwarded my questions there.
>
> I got an automated response email (in German and English!) that said, "Thank you for your email.
> We'll work on email issues right away, all other issues will be ignored."  I don't know if my
> questions are considered email issues or not, so I don't know how long to wait before trying
> something else.
>
> What should I do now?  Any ideas who I can contact? Things seem broken on a number of levels.

postmaster at python.org should be able to help you with ML issues.

That said, it's holiday season now, so don't you can't really expect
the usual prompt reaction times of our postmasters :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 23 2014)
2014-12-11: Released mxODBC Plone/Zope DA 2.2.0   http://egenix.com/go67

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/