[pydotorg-www] wiki.python.org MoinMoinExtensions

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jun 24 10:21:34 CEST 2014

On 24.06.2014 09:21, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:41 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>> More recently we also found that we had to make it a little
>> harder to get edit access to the wiki due to excessive spam.
>>
>> People who want edit access have to email this list to get it.
>> This has proven to be very effective so far...
>
> Closing wiki from all edits at all should be the most effective.
> Do you have an effectiveness formula?
>
> eff = valid_edits/spam_edits (per month)?

Anatoly: you can derive this yourself from the recent changes
page at https://wiki.python.org/moin/RecentChanges?max_days=60

At the moment, we're at 100% effective edits. Before the change
we had something like 5-10% effective edits.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 24 2014)
2014-06-17: Released eGenix PyRun 2.0.0 ...       http://egenix.com/go58
2014-07-02: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                  8 days to go
2014-07-21: EuroPython 2014, Berlin, Germany ...           27 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/