[pydotorg-www] List of alternative Python implementations

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Nov 5 04:49:58 EST 2015

On 05.11.2015 00:14, Alexander Walters wrote:
> To be absolutely clear, Nuitka and Cython are not implementations of the language... because you
> cannot run anything with them.  Can you really call it a language runtime if you cant run anything
> with them?  they are tooling.  It is unhelpful to new users to list this tooling as an
> implementation when they cant do anything with them alone.

Both are compilers and they do allow you to create Python
applications, just like gcc does for C (together with the
libc runtime), so I don't really understand why you would
not call them implementations of the language. They both
take Python code on input :-)

I guess putting them under a "Python Compiler" heading
would satisfy your request.