[pydotorg-www] pythonguru

M.-A. Lemburg mal at python.org
Sun Apr 3 08:52:16 EDT 2016

On 02.04.2016 23:13, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Frank Anemaet <nemaetf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The owner of http://thepythonguru.com keeps putting his website on top for
>> commercial interest on
>> https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers
>>
>> I have undone his edit, but perhaps it's better to remove the user
>> pythonguru from the editors like the warning on the top of the page says.
>
> Does this merit a de-editorification?

If you look at the editing history of the page, both "pythonguru" and
"pythonspot" are literally fighting over the top listing on that page:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers?action=info

I believe both deserve a cooling off period and the listing should
be reordered alphabetically as it was some time ago:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers?action=recall&rev=110

(perhaps also documenting this policy at the top of the page)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Director