[pydotorg-www] Please add me in edit group.

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Apr 14 13:07:42 EDT 2016

On 14.04.2016 18:43, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 2:10 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>> I removed the remaining pages, put the user on the block list
>> and added quickbooks to the bad content page.
>>
>> I guess we've learned a lesson here.
>>

> Yep. If in doubt, do what the banks do, and pretend that the
> bureaucracy is so important that we absolutely HAVE to have more proof
> of ID before you can open a depositing account. (No, I'm not jaded or
> anything. Banks are fine. Nothing wrong with their policies.)

I'm not sure I parse your email correctly.

The lesson here is that even with this much less anonymous
approach to getting editing rights compared to textchas,
we do run into people who openly betray our trust in them.

Don't let this get you down, though, Chris.
You're doing an excellent job !
Please keep up the good work.

It's easy enough to fix such vandalism and so far, I think
the approach is working out much better than anything we've
had before.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Apr 14 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/